8 deaths on New Year’s Eve carbon monoxide poisoning in Bosnia

Bosnian police said eight young men and women died in a hut in southwestern Bosnia, apparently from carbon monoxide poisoning during a New Year’s Eve celebration.

Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina – Eight young men and women died in a hut in southwestern Bosnia, apparently due to carbon monoxide poisoning during a New Year’s Eve celebration, police said Friday.

Local police spokeswoman Martina Medic told the Associated Press that the police responded to the call around ten o’clock in the morning and went to a house in Trebistovo, where many of the dead were found. The village is located 150 kilometers (90) southwest of the capital, Sarajevo.

Regional Police Commissioner Milan Gallic later told N1 that the victims were local residents, four men and four women, between the ages of 18 and 20.

“They are probably suffocating, but more information will be available after the investigation,” Gallic said.

The municipality of Posusje, where the village is located, in a Facebook post “lost eight young people” and urged local cafes and restaurants to close in honor of the victims. Senior officials from Bosnia and Croatia offered their condolences to their families.

Bosnian and Croatian media said the eight were high school and university students who died from a carbon monoxide leak from a generator they used to heat while celebrating New Year’s Eve in a hut.

Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless, and tasteless gas that can cause sudden illness and death.

READ  Leo Varadkar chiede le dimissioni mentre la polizia indaga su una grave fuga di notizie | Politica notizia

Lascia un commento

Il tuo indirizzo email non sarà pubblicato. I campi obbligatori sono contrassegnati *